Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wearable Foods

My friend and I had once discussed how we would like to collaborate together on an article. I'm an unemployed fashion/arts blogger, she's a chef who blogs tasty recipes and personal stories related to food. Together we could be a force du jour, really, but so far nothing has panned out yet. (Although, I hope one day we can make it happen.)

 I wish we had thought of Korean artist Yeonju Sung's idea for Wearable Foods. The ongoing series portrays a made-up reality that challenges viewers beliefs about clothing and their functionality. She creates unwearable garments made out of perishable food items, resulting in a simultaneous desire to dress oneself and to eat, but ultimately leaves viewers  hungry and figuratively naked.


Chives


Shrimp dress




Banana



Eggplant

Tomato

Winter Mushroom


Bubblegum

No comments:

Post a Comment